Crawling Out From Under My Rock

This space has remained quiet for a long time. Perhaps too long. Sometimes I wonder if I should brush away the cobwebs, start writing here again. I look at the list of half-written draft posts and ask myself if I'll ever finish them. Then there's the question of who's still reading, and if I'm writing for you few or for myself.

Every time I think of blogging again, I inevitably ask myself what I want this blog to be.  It seems paradoxical to talk too much, given my blog title. I live a quiet life, filled with ordinary days. Nothing particularly noteworthy to share. The things that mean the most to me are the simple moments that make up my days.

Long conversations with my daughter about today, tomorrow, and the dreams of her life.

Sitting on the front porch with my husband, talking about subjects both serious and not-so-serious and watching blue birds dart through the evening sky.

Getting lost in a good book.

Nurturing relationships outside of a computer or phone screen.

Time to read and ponder the Word.

These are the elements that form this quiet life. Nothing blogworthy, to be sure. I keep telling myself there will come a time when I resume regular blogging. When and how remains to be seen. If you are still visiting here, thank you for thinking of me, for caring enough to read these periodic ramblings, and for honoring me with your attention.



Comments

Camille said…
Still checking in on you....read this the other day when I was trying to keep quiet. :) So, I am back to tell you...blog when it works for you...share your heart when you feel like it...stay silent when you need to....it's all good. Hugs! Camille

Popular posts from this blog

Not Feeding the Frenzy

A Quiet Life

What I Learned During My Social Media Vacation