Gone Quiet

This space has been dormant for a month. I never intended to take an extended break. Time has passed in slow rhythm frequently broken by the frenetic pace of a girl growing up too fast. These are days I want to remember, to savor and cherish. They are my treasures, not for public consumption

and so the blog has remained quiet.

And, truth be told, I've been too busy watching Masterpiece Theater and reading excellent books to think about writing

and so the blog has remained quiet.

Although I haven't written any blog posts, I've read plenty. Sometimes with a resounding "Amen!"; sometimes shaking my head in disbelief. More often than not, realizing much of what happens in Fantasy Land (as my beloved has dubbed social media) should have little impact on - or value in -  my life

and so the blog has remained quiet.

Although I haven't made my presence known here, I've been present with family and friends. Long and thoughtful conversations around a table, in a kitchen, in a living room, and on the phone have nourished my soul. Coming together before the Throne of Grace with the ladies in my small group has humbled and encouraged me. Our Theology Reading Group meetings have blessed me beyond measure. I want to put people before pixels

and so the blog has remained quiet.

Then there is the realization that not every opinion I have needs to be heard (or read, as the case may be)

and so the blog has remained quiet.

I continue to ponder the quiet life, what it means and how it's best lived. As I do, I consider how to reconcile it with the "look at me" attitude of social media. I think about why I occupy this corner of the internet, and the worth of doing so. These ruminations sometimes make me weary, but then I realize I'm overthinking it all

and so the blog has remained quiet.

There have been times when words flew from the tips of my fingers so quickly that I could hardly contain them. I suppose I've been in recovery from that incessant chatter. I once thought perhaps I'd used all my words, but I know that although they are deep in the quiet, they will resurface and find a way here again.

And so the blog  remains quiet...for now.

Comments

Camille said…
Yes, there is a time for quietness...I hear you on that one. (LOL...no pun intended...it just happened!) May the Lord refresh your soul and give you direction for the days ahead. How precious it is to know that He is faithful. His ways are best. Many Blessings, Camille

Popular posts from this blog

Not Feeding the Frenzy

A Quiet Life

What I Learned During My Social Media Vacation