seasons

(Source)

The work of winter is to hunker down, to brace the cold and dark. I have always cherished winter, its crisp mornings with sparkles covering the ground. Windows edged in frosty patterns of lace. Chilly evenings that beg for candlelight and warmth. Winter beckons me home.

I am reluctant for spring's arrival, for the change that ensues. I prefer the safety and comfort of the familiar, the much more narrow focus winter brings.

I struggle with leaving things behind. Seasons. People. Places. Plans. I know what it means to wrestle with leaving a season. To approach a new one with trepidation. Yet God does not leave me to wander the unknown without Him. Though the path forward may be rutted and carved by ice, He points to vibrant green bursting through the still white of the fields.

I can almost touch the sprigs of new life, as I ponder what He has in store.

Behold, I am doing a new thing;
now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?
-Isaiah 43:19






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Not Feeding the Frenzy

A Quiet Life

What I Learned During My Social Media Vacation